Additional Resources: Participatory Action Research
- The website of the Participatory Action Research Collective at the City University of New York Graduate Center. Also see www.changingminds.ws for a detailed description of a particular project.
- The publications of the International Development Resource Centre are available for download or purchase. See, in particular, Ronnie Vernooy, Seeds that Give: Participatory Plant Breeding; Marisol Estrella et al., eds., Learning from Change: Issues and Experiences in Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation; and Julian Gonsalves et al., eds., Participatory Research and Development for Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Management: A Sourcebook.
- The Institute of Development Studies has pioneered PAR methods in international development. See, in particular, under Publications, Marisol Estrella and John Gaventa, Who Counts Reality? Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation: A Literature Review; and Irene Guijt, Critical Readings on Assessing and Learning for Social Change. A Review.
- A participatory, outcomes-based evaluation approach, Success Measures offers a set of core indicators and data collection tools for measuring community development outcomes.
- Youth in Focus trains underrepresented youth and adult allies in youth-led action research, evaluation, and planning.
Takeaways are critical, bite-sized resources either excerpted from our guides or written by Candid Learning for Funders using the guide's research data or themes post-publication. Attribution is given if the takeaway is a quotation.
This takeaway was derived from Participatory Action Research.