External Resources: Theory of Change
- Theory of Change. a collaborative project of ActKnowledge and the Aspen Institute Roundtable on Community Change. This comprehensive website offers a wide array of background information, tools, and sample documents that can help grantmakers and grantees get started with theory of change.
- W. K. Kellogg Foundation. The Logic Model Development Guide, a companion to the foundation’s Evaluation Handbook, focuses on how to develop and use a logic model.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations. GEO provides links to various resources on theory of change, including the INSP Theory of Change Development Tool and GEO’s own emerging organizational theory of change.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation. Theory of Change: A Practical Tool for Action, Results and Learning, the foundation’s handbook for community organizations involved with its Making Connections program, is available on its website.
- International Network on Strategic Philanthropy. The Theory of Change Development Tool and accompanying manual may be downloaded from the INSP website.
Takeaways are critical, bite-sized resources either excerpted from our guides or written by Candid Learning for Funders using the guide's research data or themes post-publication. Attribution is given if the takeaway is a quotation.
This takeaway was derived from Mapping Change.