- Alliance for Justice — Investing in Change: A Funder’s Guide to Supporting Advocacy. 2004. — Worry-Free Lobbying for Nonprofits: How to Use the 501(h) Election to Maximize Effectiveness. 1999. — E-Advocacy for Nonprofits: The Law of Lobbying and Election-Related Activity on the Net. 2000.
- Center on Philanthropy and Public Policy — Private Foundations and Policymaking: Latitude under Federal Tax Law. May 2002.
- Charity Lobbying in the Public Interest — Internal Revenue Service letter. December 2004.
- Communications Consortium Media Center’s Media Evaluation Project — Public Communication Campaign Evaluation: An Environmental Scan of Challenges, Criticism, Practice, and Opportunities. May 2002.
- Grantmakers In Health — Funding Health Advocacy. Based on a Grantmakers In Health Issue Dialogue. February 2005.
Takeaways are critical, bite-sized resources either excerpted from our guides or written by Candid Learning for Funders using the guide's research data or themes post-publication. Attribution is given if the takeaway is a quotation.
This takeaway was derived from Advocacy Funding.